Pages

Monday 20 August 2018

Cybersmart Blog

Cybersmart


What it means to be cybersmart and why it is important?

Being cybersmart means being on the right thing at the right time and not giving out personal
information on the internet. It is important because a lot of things could go wrong.
For example, you click on something you’re not supposed to click, you could end up with a
virus on your device or an inappropriate pop up.

Two things you learnt about being cybersmart and how you could apply it to your own life

I learnt that if someone is cyberbullying you and you are planning on telling someone such as the principal at your school then you should have some type of evidence ready. For example, screenshots. I could apply this to my life by collecting evidence when I am getting cyberbullied.  
I learnt to only go on websites I am allowed to go on. I could apply this to my life by staying on task at school and not going on inappropriate websites at home.


Describe one of each:


A personal strategy a young person can do to help themselves if they are being cyberbullied
If I was being cyberbullied I would collect evidence and tell someone about it, such as the councillor.


A interpersonal strategy a young person can do to help their friend who is being cyberbullied
I could talk to my friend and tell them not to worry about it. Another thing I could also do is talk to the
bully and try to understand why they do these sort of things.

A personal strategy a young person who finds themselves bullying other young people can do to help build their self-esteem and change their behavior
They could talk to someone like a social worker and tell them their problems so the social worker
can help them to become a better person.

Tips to give to the year 6s about how they could become cybersmart


One tip I would give the Year 6’s is always stay on task during class time because a lot of people at their age like to muck around and play games during class time. Another tip I would give is being on the right thing at the right time. It’s similar to the first one but instead of just during class time, this important rule should apply both at school and at home.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Christian!, you definitely understand what it means to be cybersmart.

    ReplyDelete